The pruning of olive trees is an important task which intends to adjust the growth of olive trees’ fruition to the soil and climatic conditions of the area,as well as to our cultivation objectives, especially , in the facilitation of harvest which is the most important problem of olive’s cultivation today.
The benefits of pruning are :
- The balance between vegetation and fruition.
- The minimum duration of the non-productive season.
- The prolongation of the stable productivity period.
- To avoid the early decline or senescence of the olive tree.
- To obtain financial profits.
- The moisture saving which is a limiting factor in dry olive groves.